Scripture Reference: Haggai 1-2
- The People Had the Intent to Rebuild
- They began work on the temple, but quit to start work on their own homes, even using materials designated for the temple.
- The People Were Discouraged
- The temple wasn't anything like the former temple.
- Discouragement set in because they were comparing their new work to the former temple,
- We have a habit of comparing our start to everyone else's finish.
- Discouragement set in because there was a lack of progress.
- The people were not satisfied with their progress and decided the task wasn't worth completing.
- (2:4) "Take Courage". . . "Be Strong"
- Be consistent with what God has told/called you to do
- Galatians 6:9 - "Let us not grow weary. . ."